Are you ready for an adventure?! Join the internet's most enjoyable class and learn how to make your own freaking iPhone apps! No prior programming experience necessary.
We'll walk you through everything needed to create and submit your very own app idea to the app store, starting from scratch. We firmly believe in learning by doing, so we'll make 14 real world iOS 9 apps using Swift 2 and Xcode 7 together.
We run through every single step from installing Xcode (the program we use to make apps) down to how to make money with your apps. And we'll never talk over your head. We've experienced the harsh reality of complicated and wordy tutorials and online classes. This class is what we wish we'd had when we were first learning to make apps. It's the first class to break everything down to the level that is perfect for "newbies" so that you never feel lost, and can excel and learn quickly.
Some of what we'll cover in our apps:
- GPS Navigation
- Using the Camera
- Using the Microphone
- Integrating with Social Media
- In-App Purchases
- Making Social Networks with Parse
- More (you can look through the sections below)
But ultimately we are not just checking off apps. We are helping you to move toward sustainable growth and becoming a professional in iOS development. We'll help you get integrated with the iOS developer community and provide you with the resources you need to accomplish your goals.
What makes us (Jenna and Rick) the right teachers?
- We have more than 10 iOS apps in the App Store which total over 300,000+ downloads
- Rick teaches more than 23,000 other students in his conglomerate of highly rated iOS development Udemy courses
- We have personality! We like to use, *ahem*, an energetic and engaging course style
- We have 6+ years iOS development experience
- We were once newbies who got confused by wordy blog posts and tutorials. We'll never talk over your head.
- Rick created the first Udemy Swift course and also teaches the highly rated “Apple Watch - Go From Newbie to Pro by Building 15 Apps" course.
Who is this class for?
- People who want to make apps. We will not be teaching wordy or complicated computer science philosophies. We'll cover how to make apps that you can play with, share with friends & family, and offer to the world!
- Beginners. You don't need any programming experience to take this class. We've been the absolute beginners before and want to help you.
- Those programmers who are new to iOS 9 or Swift 2. Dive in with your prior experience and move more quickly, on to become an impressive iOS developer.
- Entrepreneurs who have an idea for an app. Don't pay somebody thousands to build your app. Do it yourself. Having the ability to create something you can think of is extremely powerful.
- Career development professionals who want to earn money professionally via contract work, consulting, full-time employment, and so forth
I'm Nick Walter, an iOS developer that has been focused on mobile app design and creation for over 3 years. My involvement in the iOS community started off with a bang, and in 2013 I was one of 25 students worldwide to be invited to Apple's "Cocoa Camp." Within my community, I am also co-president of an Apple developer group called "Cocoa Heads."
I've always had an itch to make things, but growing up in a small town I had limited access to programming resources. This frustration drove my early interest in online education. After experimenting with various companies, learning styles, and teaching processes, I've adopted the best strategies and used them in my courses. My experience as an online student has directly influenced my teaching style, and I am now proud to help students all over the world with their online learning goals.
Since the announcement of the new Swift programming language by Apple, I have buried myself in the Apple documentation and any online resource that is available. In my first Swift course, I provide students with a detailed explanation of the topics and skills needed to learn Swift, an overview of the basic features of the new language, and get you started to begin building your first products.
Prior to teaching the internet's first course on Swift, I have created 5 iOS apps from scratch that are currently live in the App Store and being used by thousands of users worldwide. Using my experience launching my own apps, I'll walk you through the shortcuts that can save you time and frustration from having to teach yourself.